Preventing The Spread of Illness
At school we are continuing with our normal Illness Policy as well as strongly encouraging all students and staff to take everyday precautions to prevent the spread of all infectious diseases, including common illnesses like colds and flu by doing the following:
• Encourage all students and staff to stay home when they are sick.
• Those who have a fever at school should go home immediately and stay there for at least 24 hours after they no longer have a fever without the use of fever-reducing medicine.
• Separate sick students and staff from others in a separate place, until they can be picked up to go home.
• Promote hand hygiene through education and availability of soap, hand sanitizers, and tissues.
• Avoid touching your face, particularly your eyes, nose, and mouth.
• Encourage proper cough etiquette—cough or sneeze into a tissue, sleeve, or arm. Do not use your hands.
• Perform routine surface cleaning, particularly for high-touch surfaces.
• Consider not attending or hosting large gatherings. This is where cold, flu, and other respiratory viruses are often spread.
* We are also doing our best to sanitize our classrooms and toys as much as possible to help prevent the spread of illness.
As a school we are also in close contact with the Public Health Department for any updates. If there are any updates from the Public Health Department we will update parents.
Please allow at least 24 hours for your teacher to respond. If you need an immediate response, please call the school or email Ms. Celena or Ms. Darlene. Thank you.