Welcome to Guppy Room!
We look forward to working with you and your child by providing a safe, nurturing environment where learning through play and participating in hands on experiences are our main focus. We believe that each child is a unique individual who learns best at his/her own pace if he/she is given the opportunity to actively engage in his/her own environment through hands-on, educational activities. We provide for the children a wholesome curriculum that touches upon all areas of development – cognitive, language, gross motor, fine motor, self-help, social and emotional. In order for children to develop to their fullest potential, it is very essential for them to be able to embrace a passion for learning by experiencing the different levels of learning – discovery, understanding and application. Most of all, we provide a nurturing and secure environment for the children.
Special Notes. . .
- Bike day will generally be held in the morning only! Please make sure your child is here before 9:15 so they are able to participate.
- Thank you so much to all of our chaperonnes for field trips!!
- No crocs, flip flops or sandals without a backstrap!
- Please check the art file, parent file and bathroom daily. Also remember it is parent's responsibility to check their children's clothing bin to make sure they have adequate clothing.
- Please label share day items so they are not lost!
- Schedule play dates for your child, if you're able, so they are able to socialize and build relationships with other children.
- For spray bottle days, bring your child in normal clothes (no swimsuits). We have spray bottles at school for the children to use, so there's no need to bring one from home.
- For your child to participate in Beach day, they need to arrive at school in their swimsuits with their shoes on. They also need a towel and fullset of clothes to change into after. Please label their bag and all their clothing items so that nothing is lost. Sunscreen needs to be applied prior as well. The water play will be an extended morning playtime so please make sure your child has arrive no later than 9:15am to ensure they can participate.
- Always feel free to talk to us if you have any concerns or questions. You can email us and we will get back to you soon. You're welcome to talk to us at drop off or pickup as well. Or we can schedule a phone call.
Guppy Room Assessments
Tuesday, February 13th
* See sign up sheet on the back counter*