Welcome to Two's Town!
We would like to extend our warmest welcome to you and your family. We look forward to working with you to provide a nurturing and educational environment for your child. As you know, children at this age are emerging from toddlerhood and becoming young preschoolers. They have endless energy and boundless curiosity for exploration. Therefore, our program is designed to enable children to actively explore their world with confidence and autonomy. We challenge the children with developmentally appropriate activities in the different learning centers, and we promote independence by encouraging them with the basic self-help skills such as feeding, dressing and potty training.
The key to potty training success is patience and an awareness that children reach this miliestone at their own pace. Different strategies work with different children. Several areas of development need to line up first. The child has to commincate well, be aware of his bodliy feelings, and understand how much time he needs to get there.
How will you know your child is ready?
- Your changing fewer diapers
- Bowel movements become more regular
- Your little one is more vocal about going to the bathroom
- Your child notices (and doesn't like) dirty diapers
Once you feel your child is ready here are some tips to help the process:
- Play up pottying positives.
- Establish standard bathroom talk. Never refer to your child's diaper contents as "smelly" or "gross"; she'll be much more comfortable with toileting if she views elimination as a natural, non "yucky" process.
- Dress for potty training success. Get in the habit of dressing your toddler in the right potty training clothes (pants that pull up and down without any fiddling-no overalls or tricky buttons) and then practice the all important pull down maneuver. Ask your child to pull their own pants down for diaper changes and have them pull them back up when you are done.
- Show your toddler how to use the toilet. Toddlers love to mimic. Toileting is no different
Holiday Party 12/16 at 10:00am
Gift Exchange 12/20 at 10:30
No School 12/23/22-01/02/2023